Publisher: Paso Robles, California: Nazraeli Press, 2018
Edition: 1st Edition
Condition: New / New
Item #: 113291
SPECIAL ORDER: PRICING & AVAILABILITY SUBJECT TO CHANGE (please inquire). Price is net to all; promotional discounts do not apply.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only available as a complete slipcased set of six limited edition books and prints. Individual titles will not be sold separately (no exceptions will be made to this policy).
The six titles (and print image sizes on 11 x 14-inch paper) are:
* Petra Collins: “Kamasz Nyar” (print image size 14 x 11 inches - no border)
* Lalla Essaydi: “Lalla Essaydi” (print image size 12 x 9.5 inches)
* Marilyn Minter: “Cunt” (print image size 11 x 14 inches - no border)
* Catherine Opie: “Girlfriends” (print image size 8 x 8 inches)
* Laurie Simmons: “How We See” ("Doll Girls") (print image size 13.5 x 9.5 inches)
* Mickalene Thomas: “Black is Beautiful” (print image size 13.5 x 10.5 inches)
About the Books & Slipcase: Fine cloth-covered boards, with photographically illustrated dust jacket. Each book is signed and numbered by the artist on a small printed paper, tipped in a debossed area of the book's rear cover. Unpaginated, with approximately 24 black-and-white or four-color offset plates (varies between 15 and 35 reproductions; some plates have an additional varnish pass), exquisitely printed on a special heavyweight Japanese paper. Book dimensions are approximately 15 x 12 inches. The books and accompanying photographs are presented in a custom slipcase with hand-marbled sides and silver stamping.
New in publisher's original packaging.
From the publisher: "Six by XX comprises 6 books and 6 original signed photographs by six of the most extraordinary artists working in photography today: Petra Collins; Lalla Essaydi; Marilyn Minter; Catherine Opie; Laurie Simmons; and Mickalene Thomas.
Each title in the series is limited to 100 hand-numbered and signed copies, and contains a separate exhibition-quality original print, numbered and signed by the artist, on 11 x 14 inch paper. The books and accompanying photographs are presented in a custom slipcase with hand-marbled sides and silver stamping."